Thank you for getting involved in Walking Home For Christmas. Please see below a few rules and regulations to keep you safe and ensure we can deliver the event as smoothly as possible and to raise as much money as we can for our programmes supporting homeless and other vulnerable veterans back into independence.
Walking Home For Christmas 2017 (“the Event”)
Terms & Conditions
By signing up to Walking Home For Christmas, you:
- Undertake to walk or run a route and distance of your choice anywhere in the world, in order to raise funds for Walking With The Wounded (“WWTW”).
- Understand that Walking With The Wounded reserve the right to alter the dates and conditions of the Event without notice and/or cancel the event in consultation with stakeholders although only where absolutely necessary and appropriate.
- Acknowledge that the Event is a fundraising event in aid of WWTW (reg. charity in England and Wales 1153497) exclusively.
- Acknowledge that the registration fee goes towards covering the cost of the campaign and that you will endeavour to fundraise for the charity.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Agree to pay the entry fee and be a good ambassador for the charity before, during and after your walk.
- Acknowledge that the Event is organised by WWTW in order to raise funds for WWTW.
- Agree to deliver all fundraising that you generously raise directly to WWTW by the methods stipulated on the Event website within a month of completing your walk or by the end of January 2017.
- Agree that no funds raised will be paid to any charity other than WWTW unless specifically otherwise agreed in advance with WWTW.
- Agree only to use lawful means to fundraise for WWTW and not to bring the charity’s name into disrepute. We can’t imagine you ever would but we obviously have to include this.
- Understand that your place in the Event is not confirmed until you have paid the event entry fee and received confirmation from WWTW.
- Acknowledge that your entry fee is non-refundable or transferable.
- Agree that, while WWTW can not exclude liability for personal injury or death caused by its own negligence, you undertake the Event entirely at your own risk and will not hold WWTW responsible for:
(a) any damage to, or loss of personal property or
(b) any accident or injury which does not result from the negligence of WWTW arising directly or indirectly or in any manner whatsoever out of or in connection with the Event.
- Understand that the Event potentially involves sustained physical exercise depending on where and how far you walk and involves walking in winter weather for which you must ensure you have proper clothing and waterproofs.
- Agree that you are responsible for your own fitness and health to take part in the event, and have consulted a doctor about your participation if you have a medical condition or concerns.
- Agree to take extreme care while on roads, especially country lanes, obey the highway code and if walking cross country obey the country code and take all litter home with you.
- Agree to wear the hi vis bag vest supplied in your event pack at all times while walking on roads as part of the event and additional hi vis as appropriate.
Rules and regulations:
- Agree that anyone under the age of 18 at the date of your walk must be accompanied by an adult.
- Understand while WWTW will make efforts to update maps and leaderboards, this is not a competitive event and is a fun activity to raise funds for the charity and should be undertaken in that light.
- Agree to keep noise levels to a respectful level when walking in groups in residential areas, particularly at night.
- Agree to behave in a way that does not cause offence to fellow pedestrians or the public generally, and does not in any way bring WWTW into disrepute.
- Understand that the entry fee contributes towards the cost of running the Event and is non-refundable or transferable.
- Understand that upon receipt of the entry fee and completed details from each participant WWTW will post out a fundraising pack(s) to the purchaser’s address. While we make every effort to ensure these are delivered in time WWTW cannot be held responsible for any packs which are not delivered. If you have any concerns please call the office on 01263 863 902 and we will do our best to help.
Results and updates:
- All walks created by organisers on NUtickets will appear on the WWTW website at the sole discretion of WWTW and based entirely on the information you provide.
- People who sign up via the 'organiser' option to the Event ("Organisers") must be aged 18 or over at the time of signing up.
- Organisers are members of the public who have volunteered to lead a walk in their area and help raise funds for WWTW’s programmes.
- Organisers are given the ability to add an event to WWTW’s campaign website to advertise their walk. WWTW reserves the right at any time to amend or cancel this walk at its sole discretion and cannot be responsible for any loss to the Captain as a result.
- Organisers are covered by WWTW’s public liability insurance. This covers them only in the event that a legal claim for damages is made against them alleging that they were negligent on a walk. It is not personal accident or medical cover insurance.
- Organisers are provided with information on best practices for planning and leading a walk, including health and safety and risk assessments.
- Organisers are not trained walking leaders therefore participants join these walks as individual adults at their own risk. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or another adult 18 or over who is responsible for them.
- Organisers are not vetted by WWTW. If you have any concerns about anyone hosting a walk for this campaign please call WWTW on 01263 863 902.
- Agree that images, film and interview material taken during the Event, or at any other occasion relating to the Event, which are shared with WWTW may be used by WWTW to promote the Event and other WWTW events in the future to further support the charity. WWTW retain all rights, title and interest in such photography or media made by or on behalf of WWTW and have a licence to use any material shared with WWTW by participants either direct or publicly on social media.
- You will provide WWTW with certain information about yourself when registering for the Event, and in doing so, you consent to WWTW using and sharing the data with event partners where necessary, solely in order to manage this event.
- We do not sell or swap your details with any third parties, but in order to carry out our work we may need to pass your details to service companies authorised to act on our behalf.
- We will keep your details on our database so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree for WWTW to send you updates about the campaign for the duration of the campaign by any of email, post, phone or SMS.
- WWTW would like to contact you about our other fundraising events and the impact your fundraising is having on our projects supporting wounded veterans. If you would prefer us not to use your details for contact by email, SMS, post or phone call in this way please email email@example.com or simply follow the ‘unsubscribe’ option on future communications.
- We hope you don’t have any and we work hard to try and foresee issues but should you have any complaints then please do get in touch to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01263 863 902 and speak to a member of WWTW staff as soon as possible.
- WWTW will not be liable for any issues arising from a force majeure event which prevents its delivery of the Event in any way, including (but not limited to) acts of God, threats of terrorism, industrial action and/or other events outside its control.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction to hear or settle any dispute or claim arising from them.